Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Skillet
Spend more time with your loved ones when you make our Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Skillet. Ready in under 45 minutes and using only one skillet, Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Rice Skillet is perfect for evenings when time is at a premium.
Total Time: 42 Min(s)
Prep Time: 30 Min(s)
What You Need
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. each black pepper and garlic powder
- 1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup chive & onion cream cheese spread
- 1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cut-up fresh broccoli (1-1/2- to 2-inch pieces)
Let’s Make It
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add chicken, pepper and garlic powder; cook 4 to 5 min. or until evenly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add rice, cream cheese spread and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; mix well. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broccoli; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 to 12 min. or until broccoli is crisp-tender and chicken is done. Top with remaining shredded cheese; cook, covered, 2 to 3 min. or until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley before serving.