Cauliflower-and-Parmesan Pasta Bake
Dig in to this Cauliflower-and-Parmesan Pasta Bake. With smokey bacon and lots of cheese, it’s earned a place on your dinner table. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious entrée, our Cauliflower-and-Parmesan Pasta Bake is a winner.
Total Time: 45 Min(s)
Prep Time: 35 Min(s)
What You Need
- 3 cups medium pasta shells
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tub (5 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned panko bread crumbs
Let’s Make It
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from skillet. Reserve 1 Tbsp. drippings for later use; return remaining reserved drippings to skillet.
- Add cauliflower to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add garlic, flour and pepper; cool and stir 1 min. Stir in milk; cook, stirring frequently, 8 to 10 min. or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until melted. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta. Add to cauliflower mixture along with the bacon; mix lightly. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine bread crumbs with reserved bacon drippings and remaining cheese; spoon over pasta mixture.
- Bake 10 min. or until cauliflower mixture is heated through and bread crumb topping is golden brown.
Serve with fresh fruit and a tossed green salad to round out the meal.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.