Simply Lasagna Recipe
Discover the only lasagna recipe you’ll ever need! Continue reading to learn how to make this meaty, cheesy, crowd-pleasing Simply Lasagna Recipe tonight.
Total Time: 1 Hr(s) 20 Min(s)
Prep Time: 20 Min(s)
What You Need
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 24 oz tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
Let’s Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Meanwhile, combine egg, ricotta, parsley, 1-1/4 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Drain meat; return to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce. Add 1 cup water to empty sauce jar; cover with lid and shake well. Add to meat mixture; stir until blended.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture and 1 cup of the remaining meat sauce. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until heated through, removing foil after 45 min. Let stand 15 min. before cutting to serve.
Since this comfort-food classic serves 12, it’s the perfect dish to serve at your next large gathering of family or friends.
The noodles will expand as the lasagna bakes to fill the baking dish.
Prepare using extra-lean ground beef, and substituting 2 egg whites for the whole egg.
Adding water to the sauce helps cook the traditional noodles during baking so you don’t have to cook them beforehand. This saves you 15 to 20 minutes of prep time.